Writer/Editor - Topic: Senior Care / Health Care
Plain-English Media seeks a contract writer/editor for an online publication on practical, in-depth, business-building and innovative care information for executives, administrators, directors of nursing, and other care leaders at a variety of senior care facilities. Our audience includes professionals at assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities, post-acute facilities, and continuing care retirement communities.
Contractor will be responsible for:
- writing up to 6 articles per month -- up to a total of 7,000 words; (usually we receive articles from guest contributors, which lessens the amount of content the writer/editor produces)
- coordinating articles from guest contributors
- performing research and story selection
- identifying and interviewing expert sources -- sources have generally come from two constituencies: consultants who advise health care organizations and professionals employed by the health care organizations
- securing appropriate graphics from sources as appropriate
- conceptualizing and creating special reports on important topics, 4 per year, that would include original content combined with articles already published.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- solid journalism background
- an understanding of senior care
- ability to clarify complicated technical information into concise, ''plain-English'' prose
- vision to identify and crystallize the critical takeaways of business development case studies
This contract position pays $1,650 per month.
Please send resume, cover letter and at least 2 writing samples. Finalist candidate(s) will be asked to submit writing test.