Video Product Management Intern
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
The Video Product Management Intern is responsible for supporting the execution of the company’s strategic product roadmap, including video and content strategy. Interns in this role will support the team in delivering comprehensive and innovative products that attract new video customer relationships and retain our current subscribers.
The Video Product Management Intern also provides business success by meeting user needs through the continual planning and execution of product solutions, and having a market-driven focus to provide long-term, sustainable, and profitable business. Serves as a market expert of both product and the organization to drive strategy, and brings products to market with an effective product–market fit - the right product delivered at the right time to the right customer. Assists in the creation of product and business plans that identify market opportunities, and collaborates across roles and departments to ensure the company’s various functions are aligned with product strategy. Responsible for researching technological developments and trends, and competitor strengths and weaknesses. Understands customer needs and how to produce a product and content mix that meets them. Evangelizes the product internally to the executive team and colleagues, while remaining customer-driven, representing customers through the product development process.
- Create competitive analyses around industry trends and key competitors, and identify implications to the video business
- Support content strategy and programming deals by assessing audience measurement and broader viewership trends
- Track Video Product KPIs across subscriber, revenue, CPE, and packaging metrics
- Support business case and strategic brief development with financial analyses and market/consumer research
- Support the Video Product Strategy team on the ongoing development of long-term video strategy to drive growth and differentiate in the marketplace
- Cross-functional go-to-market efforts for video product and services, tracking to established product KPIs
- Completing an MBA degree between December 2019 and June 2020
- Knowledge of telecommunications products and technologies with the responsibility of developing strategy, roadmaps, process and directing product development
- Professional experience in a top-tier communications / cable / media / entertainment firm – or – in strategy consulting, business development, or banking is preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and work across all levels of the organization
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience conducting market research and competitive analysis tasks
- Strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to define and build solutions to solve market needs
- Exceptional interpersonal/people skills including verbal and written communications skills, including listening and presentation skills.
- Experience in product lifecycle and P&L management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.