Line Producer (freelance)
- Full Time
The Line Producer oversees the production process for all of company’s original programming. Reporting to the Executive in Charge of Production (EIC), the Line Producer helps manage Show Runners and production staff. The Line Producer problem solves to keep the company’s productions within their respective budget allocations, schedules and on track to meet all applicable deadlines.
This position is based out of the company’s Burbank, CA offices.
- Overseeing the Production Management staff.
- Assisting the EIC with creation of budgets for projects in development.
- Working with the Business Development Team to create budgets for all Digital Media projects.
- Working hand in hand with Show Runners to prep, organize, schedule and assist with the hiring of support staff needed for their respective series throughout all phases of production.
- Point for hiring key staff and crew members for both Production Management and Freelance Production teams.
- Generating Contracts and Deal Memos for Key Staff Members, Production Team Members and Crew.
- Setting up and tracking insurance policies for all of company’s programming.
- Overseeing insurance procedures to guarantee all stunts, drone use, equipment, locations, and personnel are properly covered.
- Coordinating with Producers through the permitting process to ensure all permits are secured as necessary for filming.
- Problem solving any issues that arise with the Field Production Teams.
- Working with the Production Manager to ensure all office needs are handled in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Working with the EIC and Production Accountant to generate cash flows and tracking cost reports for each of the company’s productions.
- Working with the production teams to onboard new employees, generating PO’s, and tracking expenses.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a credited Line Producer
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills required to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Detail oriented team player who appreciates the importance of process, efficient workflow and effective communication.
- Must know how to create detailed budgets, staffing and production schedules from scratch.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and Movie Magic Budgeting.
- Must be willing to be available to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Most importantly, a positive outlook, good sense of humor and attitude is a must!
Please do not contact the production company directly. All submissions must be done through https://hearst.referrals.selectminds.com/television.