Senior Producer, NBC Nightly News
Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Senior Producer role works directly with the executive producer, anchor, and staff to generate and oversee the production of hard news and enterprise segments for NBC Nightly News in Washington, DC.
Essential Responsibilities:Oversee and manage production teams including producers, associate producers, researchers, and correspondents from story inception to airDevelop and craft original news of day and feature stories for the broadcast and on digitalGenerate story ideas and evaluate pitchesServe as leader/mentor in the Nightly Washington, DC newsroomSupervise direct reports
Basic Qualifications/Additional Job Requirements:
• Strong editorial judgment
• Expertise, knowledge and interest in politics
• Expertise knowledge and interest in news and current events, particularly in the Washington metro area
• Must demonstrate impeccable storytelling and production skills
• Must have strong writing and research skills
• Must have at least seven years of experience in editorial and show production at the network level, preferably on evening broadcasts.
• Must have prior staff management experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to be based and work in Washington, DC
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong breaking news skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and Practices
• Familiarity with social media and emerging digital platforms
• Team player with a desire to mentor journalists
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.