Sr. Product Manager--Apparel
- Full Time
At Badlands, we push the envelope – brands that live and breathe technology, performance and quality. The No. 1 priority is customer satisfaction. Badlands is a place where a simple hunting story can spawn an entire new product line, or a phone call with a customer can lead us in a direction we never imagined. It’s a place of vision and an unconditional desire to make the best hunting gear on the planet. We are proud to be a part of the Zebco Brands family, and the W.C. Bradley Co.
We have an opportunity for a driven and focused Senior Product Manager for our Badlands Apparel products. Check us out online; commitment to innovation and quality is in every item we produce. This role is responsible for supporting execution of the growth, profitability and financial return of the apparel product portfolio through innovation in design and manufacturing, as well as consumer insight. You will develop and evaluate new product ideas, enhance existing products, and translate research discoveries into market successes. Use your expertise in textiles and textile manufacturing technologies to drive a long-term vision of a complete and cutting-edge product line.
This role is based in beautiful West Jordan, Utah in the SLC metro area. Join us in our mountain views and rewarding work! Relocation assistance is available.
Responsible for supporting the growth, profitability and financial return of the company’s assigned product portfolio through innovation and consumer insight. Contribute to building a profitable product portfolio that aligns with product and brand strategies, company/business unit objectives, and consumer needs. Provide project leadership on complex product development projects, from concept to delivery, to a cross functional team through the product development process. Responsible for product/manufacturer sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop new products delivering against unmet consumer needs and increase consumer satisfaction.
- Lead moderately complex to complex product development projects; deliver high quality products through innovation.
- Participate in the identification and selection of product sourcing partners.
- Conduct consumer research to refine product and/or brand categories to best meet consumer needs.
- Continuously refresh the assigned portfolio of products; ensure products align with consumer needs; ensure products meet brand and style guidelines.
- Collaborate with and lead a cross-functional team through the product development process; coordinate with multiple departments (i.e., sourcing, operations, engineering, and materials).
- Ensure a well-rounded product development process is utilized to include consideration for environmental, regulatory, competitor products, consumer trends, and unmet consumer needs.
- Collaborate with marketing in support of new product introductions; prepare product for commercial retail to include the development of packaging, artwork, promotional campaigns, and sales materials.
- Manage target consumer mix to maximize sales and optimize profits.
- Ensure product development, manufacturing, and fulfillment is cost efficient;
- Develop, monitor, and maintain accountability for all project plans to include timetables, deliverables, and budgets.
- Develop and execute product strategies that are aligned with the brand and product segment; continuously analyze Point of Sale (POS), sales data, and financial margins against forecast and modify strategy accordingly to maximize product Return on Investment (ROI).
- Manage the product lifecycle for one or more products, or brand categories; to include SKU rationalization and E&O disposition.
- Keep a current and up-to-date knowledge of industry and consumer trends; develop and maintain a strong partnership with sales team(s) and distribution channels.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field of study.
- Five (5) years of marketing experience within the consumer products industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of product development/management and branding.
- Knowledge of consumer research methodologies.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts, strategies and standard practices.
- Knowledge of the product development lifecycle from concept to Point of Sale.
- Proficiency using a Personal Computer (PC) to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Proficiency using product development software (i.e., Stage Gate).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to coordinate the work of multiple teams.
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive engagement of others towards a common goal.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to derive solutions through analysis.
- Analytical skills and the ability to be detail oriented.
- Financial and budgetary management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to use and understand the business acumen within the consumer products industry.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
Normal office environment with less than 25% domestic and international travel required.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City
Job Segment: Apparel, Garment, Merchandising, Artist, Marketing, Fashion, Retail, Creative