Assoc. Director, Analytics and Insights - Well+Good
- Full Time
Well+Good is your trusted advisor for navigating the ever expanding—and sometimes confusing—world of wellness. We define and demystify what it means to live a healthy life: breaking down both contemporary modalities and centuries-old traditions (yes, these can exist in harmony); calling—and—covering trends; and telling you what to skip altogether. Wherever you are on your own beautiful, busy, deliciously messy journey, Well+Good surfaces something real and applicable.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Assoc. Director, Analytics and Insights grows with us.
Leaf Group’s Advertising Sales Team is seeking an analytical and strategy-minded Assoc. Director, Analytics and Insights to help our team evolve the understanding of what it means to have an insights lead creative approach and partner-led research that will help drive new client partnerships and meaningful renewals. This person will use existing knowledge of digital research tools, media math and proven quantitative skills to develop themed stories around Leaf Group’s proprietary data, the current and evolving state of how brands can best measure and drive impact.
You’ll Report To: Director, Integrated Marketing
A typical day as a Assoc. Director, Analytics and Insights might include:
- Consult with sales and advertiser clients to provide them the context to help optimize media plans and branded content creation
- Leverage data to build out studies around key advertiser categories, new white spaces we identify, and publish reports on the issues that will be most impactful to drive partnerships.
- Leverage first and third party data and research tools to create and present analysis for internal and external clients that tell Leaf Group’s story to the marketplace and advertiser clients• Support the advertising team both proactively and reactively with research and analytics, including but not limited to audience data, site metrics, marketplace research and internal consumption data.
- Assess Leaf Group relative to other media properties within the competitive space to develop actionable insights that best positions Leaf Group for success
- Create and report on custom media targets based on media briefs and RFPs; help sellers create prospecting tools in pre-sale efforts
- Work collaboratively with the Integrated Marketing team to create marketing collateral and campaign proposals, providing the necessary research to support and sell through marketing ideas
- Analyze campaign performance, providing insights and actionable recommendations
You'll be successful if you’re the kind of person who geeks out over eMarketer reports, Freakonomics episodes and the power of data to yield powerful insights more generally.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of media experience at a fast-paced web publisher, media agency or TV Network
- Proficiency with syndicated media research and analytics tools: comScore, MRI, Nielsen Scarborough, Kantar Market Advisor, Nielsen nPower
- Keen understanding of media planning and media math (reach, frequency, audience composition, coverage, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the digital media ecosystem
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences in Social Sciences, Communications, Mathematics or another related field
- An acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with experience clearly communicating with peers and management, both verbally and in writing
- Strong mathematical skills and an interest in finding stories in the data through in-depth analyses
- Proven team player with the ability to take on different assignments/projects in a timely manner
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- In Built In LA's Top Companies to Work for
- In Comparably's 2018 Best Companies to Work for Los Angeles
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.