Data Analyst - BI
- Full Time
Leaf Group is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence (BI) department and help provide data-driven insights that enable better decision-making at our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Data Analyst grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Director, Business Intelligence
A typical day as a Data Analyst might include:
- Create complex SQL queries and perform ad-hoc and exploratory data analysis.
- Provide data-driven insights to enable decision-making.
- Create data visualizations using various BI tools and Excel.
- Work with the business units to establish KPIs and methodology, and then create the appropriate reports and analysis.
- Develop, own, and present dashboards to Senior Management that provide actionable insights.
- Investigate data anomalies and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Audit peer reports and provide constructive feedback.
You’ll be successful if you are a motivated Data Analyst with strong SQL skills and looking to join an energetic, fast-paced, project-driven BI team.
What You Have:
- BA in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics.
- 3+ years’ practical experience in SQL query scripting, debugging, and execution.
- Ability to audit and optimize existing SQL queries.
- 1+ years of experience working in a data-intensive organization with large-scale datasets.
- Previous internet/retail industry experience is highly desirable.
- Redshift/Bigquery or Postgres Database experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Tableau, Looker or other data visualization tools is required.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language is a plus.
- Experience with version control like GIT/SVN/TFS/CodeCommit is a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented, self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Strong communication and data presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture (i.e., Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.