Associate Lifestyle Writer - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for an Associate Lifestyle writer to help elevate and create content for our Good Advice and Good Travel verticals.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle category.
You’ll Report To: Senior Lifestyle Editor
A typical day as an Associate Lifestyle Writer might include:
- Write 3 pieces of content daily, including reported features, personal essays, SEO articles, and news stories, as needed
- Pitch daily news content in the two verticals and beyond
- Call on your rolodex of experts to be in-the-know about what’s happening, and pitch and execute original, reported story ideas accordingly
- Attend events as needed and conduct desk-side interviews to gather intel for content creation
- Work closely with social, design, and video departments to create content across platforms
- Report weekly metrics to Senior Editor to workshop what’s working and help define content strategy
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the lifestyle and travel space in order to spot new trends name new ideas before they hit it big.
You’ll be successful if you’re passionate about creating outstanding content, coming up with great and original ideas, and helping the entire team reach its full potential. You’re comfortable producing content in the spheres of dating, sex, relationships, family, entertainment, career, finance, tech, sleep, travel, and creative hot takes on current events. You’re not someone who simply hops on the bandwagon, you’re the first person out of the gate, spotting and naming new trends and phenomenons—whether it’s a new dating trend or cutting-edge sleep tech—and finding fresh takes on ideas that have been done. You’re happy to write a long-form reported piece, an SEO article, and a personal essay alike.
What You Have:
- 3-5 years of editorial experience
- A rolodex of contacts to call upon
- Superior editorial judgment: You know which stories *need* to be covered (and how to do so in a new, interesting way) and which can be skipped
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time
- A passion for high-quality digital content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way
- On-camera experience is a huge plus
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- BuiltIn LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Los Angeles
- Comparably's 2018 Top Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.