Events Manager - Well+Good
- Full Time
WELL+GOOD: Defining and demystifying what it means to live a healthy life.
Well+Good is your trusted advisor for navigating the ever expanding—and sometimes confusing—world of wellness. We define and demystify what it means to live a healthy life: breaking down both contemporary modalities and centuries-old traditions (yes, these can exist in harmony); calling—and—covering trends; and telling you what to skip altogether. Wherever you are on your own beautiful, busy, deliciously messy journey, Well+Good surfaces something real and applicable.
We are looking for an Events Manager to play a key role in assisting in the development and execution of event concepts and assist in the development and execution of sponsor activations, deliverables, and details for custom and signature events from our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Events Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Senior Events Manager
A typical day as an Events Manager might include:
- Manage all elements of event production, including but not limited to schedules/timelines, partner/vendor solicitation, load-in/load-out preparation, guest list management, onsite management, talent outreach, gift bags, etc.
- Prepare documents for events, including run-of-show, contact lists, material lists, site maps, and any other materials needed for each event
- Liaise with in-house teams including sales, marketing, editorial, design, social media and other necessary stakeholders to meet and deliver goals for each project
- Manage advertiser experience during event and ensure events exceed client & guest expectations
- Maintain roster of event vendors, venues, activations specialists, staffing/production agencies, etc. for hire
- Create and adhere to event budgets
- Special projects
You’ll be successful if you specialize in the wellness/lifestyle market. You must have an events background within the media/advertising space to be considered.
What You Have/Are:
- 3+ years of event experience coordinating and successfully executing events
- Incredibly attentive to details
- Creative thinker who keeps up to date on current events, industry trends, and consumer interests
- Forward thinking problem solver; responds quickly and seamlessly to obstacles
- Ability to juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable interacting with clients and talent
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and capable of troubleshooting in high-pressure situations
- Proactive, eager, energetic, team player who works well both independently and in collaboration with other members of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.