- Full Time
Leaf Group is looking for a PR Manager to help lead media relations efforts for a dynamic company. This is a PR opportunity where you can do it all – help plot the course AND roll up your sleeves and work in a profitable company that is growing rapidly and redefining the media business. Working with the PR Director and VP of Communications, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day communications efforts for our Livestrong.com and Hunker media brands.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: VP of Communications
A typical day as a PR Manager might include:
- Work with the PR Director and VP of Communications to implement a compelling media relations strategy for the Livestrong and Hunker media brands.
- Manage relationships with a variety of media including design, home décor, tech, fitness, health, wellness, lifestyle, etc., across all media types including blogs, online, print and broadcast.
- Work closely with marketing, product development and editorial teams to develop and implement a strategic PR plan to complement marketing programs, campaigns, editorial features, etc.
- Manage and attend media related events.
- Draft and edit pitches, press releases and by-line articles at high standard consistent with company messaging and editorial guidelines.
- Monitor relevant industry and trade publications, competitive news landscape, etc.
- Assist with organization of press briefings, media training, photography, and press attendance at company events.
What You Have:
- 4-6 years of experience in public relations and marketing communications, experience pitching media brands is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated success in implementing media campaigns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Self-starter – ability to work independently to accomplish tasks in a creative, decisive, and responsive manner; take responsibility of projects and outcomes.
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated success in securing media coverage in a variety of outlet types.
- Demonstrated track record of developing successful working relationships with reporters and bloggers.
- Ability to craft messages based on the desired goal of the communication and tailor to specific audiences.
- Copywriting and editing experience.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company Los Angeles award Comparably
- Cool office environment and culture (if we do say so ourselves at our ice cream socials, Thirsty Thursdays, Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.