Planner, Ad Sales
- Full Time
The SiriusXM Radio ad sales department is currently seeking a highly motivated, independent and creative Sales Planner to join their team. This person must be very detail-oriented, organized, have strong communication skills, and display a willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced work environment. The ad sales planning department manages and prices our entire commercial advertising inventory while working closely with the advertising sales staff to facilitate the selling of radio advertising by providing plans that meet the needs of clients and agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with account executives to understand scope of proposal requests in order to independently review or create customized media schedules.
- Strategically utilize inventory to maximize revenue.
- Present and discuss proposals with upper management.
- Review proposals and sales order for rate accuracy and to confirm inventory availability.
- Maintain and distribute a weekly summary of working and ordered proposals for sales management team, including budget, flight, inventory and rates.
- Maintain documents to track year over year plans and orders.
- Monitor inventory of channels and at the show level and review with management.
- Interact with clients and agencies as necessary.
- Partner with SVP, regional VPs, account managers, marketing and traffic department as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in media advertising (radio and/or pricing & planning/sales analysis a strong plus).
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- A strong desire to work in ad sales and a team environment.
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills; able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Takes initiative and follows-up on assigned tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to focus on detail and think strategically.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and excellent mathematical skills.
- Wide Orbit experience, a major plus.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.