Manager – MTV Digital Content Strategy
Overview & Responsibilities
The MTV team is seeking a freelance Manager to join the team responsible for digital content and social media marketing around the upcoming Facebook Watch season of MTV’s groundbreaking reality television show: The Real World. Working under the guidance of the studio VP, this role is responsible for content strategy, content production, content distribution, creative ideation and community management for all Real World elements. The position will require candidates to work interdepartmentally across Marketing, Communications, Design, Video Production and with our Facebook and production company partners.
- Building social/digital plans that ladder up to overall marketing campaign; working with marketing and brand teams to incorporate social plans into overall briefs and documentation.
- Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, memes, gifs, etc.
- Managing day-to-day posting/publishing and fan engagement on Real World social media accounts.
- Creating and managing holistic schedules and timelines.
- Track metrics and usage patterns on all social platforms to improve and maximize streams/views and engagement.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a digital content, marketing or social media-based role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Facebook & Instagram platform expert
- Passion for MTV brands, including Real World, and deep knowledge of pop culture, movies and music.
- Experience producing and creating content for various platforms; branded content experience a plus.
- Copywriting skills as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice.
- Command of social media best practices.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office
- Keynote/Powerpoint, HTML editing tools, video editing, and content management systems.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, HTML, XML, Flash, Adobe and other common web-publishing technologies a plus.