- Full Time
The Marketing & Publicity Assistant will work closely with all members of the marketing team handling the day-to-day responsibilities and providing administrative support for the department.
Essential Functions :
- Perform general departmental tasks including, but not limited to, managing the general publicity inbox, sending out media mailings, and updating and maintaining system databases.
- Pack and ship packages to various outlets daily. Track packages as required and follow-up on deliveries, as needed.
- Assist with publicity campaigns including writing press releases, pitch letters, and creating media lists.
- Create and maintain project, event, and advertising calendars for the department as a whole and for individual publicity campaigns as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of annual trade shows, meetings, and event planning.
- Create and distribute weekly publicity reports.
- Organize invoices and purchase orders for weekly approval and transmit to finance. Work with finance to reconcile issues as needed and maintain record of approved invoices.
- Help coordinate and maintain social media calendars and initiatives.
- Handle special projects as required.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior publicity and or marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic, organized, and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Candidate must be a proactive problem solver and a team player.
- Ability and willingness to lift cartons/packages weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience in writing/producing social media content
- Willingness to work on weekends, as needed.