- Full Time
The data intelligence program brings in critical revenue to support CR's mission-oriented work while simultaneously driving upstream market impact to improve product safety, reliability, and innovation for consumers. The Data Intelligence group at CR mines testing, consumer insights, and survey research data to create new data products and subscription services for manufacturers, regulators and researchers in various industries including automotive, appliances and technology.
Leveraging multiple data sets, The Solutions Director will lead the strategy and product roadmap for how we craft this data into subscription based tools and products for businesses, organizations and government agencies
- Translates product roadmap into well-defined product requirements and oversees the development and deployment of product enhancements and new products.
- Partners with the Account Manager to understand the needs of manufacturers, influencers, and regulatory bodies, then develops products to satisfy them
- Explores the creation of new subscription based data products into all of our key areas- cars and tires, home and appliances, technology, and health.
- Oversees data scientists and works closely with technical product development, project management and IT staff to ensure clear priorities and target segment needs.
- Communicates features, benefits, and the client value proposition of new products and enhancements to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors the competitive landscape and industry trends to inform the product development strategy.
- Leads cross-functional product team and communicates effectively with all stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences or other related discipline.
- A minimum of ten years of experience developing or managing data or insights-driven products in a B2b context with a focus on optimizing capabilities, expanding product offerings, developing new products, and creating business plans.
- Proven ability to find valuable and actionable insights from various data sets and then turn these insights into services and tools with clear features and benefits.
- Demonstrated success analyzing customer needs and goals to assist in generating thoughtful, creative proposals that exceed customer expectations and expand revenue opportunities.
- Capable of giving direction and providing mentorship to data scientists and analysts.
- Strong understanding of data, and ability to analyze data to support storytelling and insights.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding KPIs and revenue goals.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as the ability to navigate a matrixed structure and build consensus among stakeholders..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels, influence, and drive results..
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products. (Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word) to summarize complex analyses for varied audiences
- Experience in market research, consumer tracking, and consulting a plus.