Associate Director of Marketing
- Full Time
We are looking for an Associate Director of Marketing to join our growing team.
Are you a strategic marketing leader looking for an opportunity to make an impact and inspire a passion for reading, lifelong learning and supporting the missions of libraries? If you are detail and deadline focused with a passion for driving revenue, consider yourself a relationship builder and positive role model, dream about improving the customer journey, can balance marketing analytics with a creative flare, then this could be the career move for you.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Associate Director of Marketing will play a critical role in our event marketing, email marketing, customer profiling & database management, marketing analytics, sales enablement & marketing communications for products and services across the M&IS brands. The Associate Director will manage an in-house agency and serve as the liaison between sales, editorial, design, external partners, freelancers and marketing to ensure harmonious communication and workflow between departments and that all projects are within budget, on time and on brand. The Associate Director will manage 4 direct reports.
- Event Marketing
- Manage the customer journey driving customer acquisition for onsite events and professional development online courses to meet with annual revenue goal. Conceptualize and execute multi-channel content marketing programs geared at audience development and acquisition
- Reimagine the customer experience before, during, and after events through an improved registration process, a steady cadence of communication leading up to the event (confirmations, reminders), onsite signage/programs/premiums, post-event communication including surveys, thank you message, upsell messages, extending the experience through value-added content downloads, etc.
- Collaborate with content and design teams to produce all consistent tone and designed assets for event marketing including social, advertising, email, collateral, etc.
- Define, monitor and report on event related metrics such as revenue, event delegate pacing, YoY comparison, post event sentiment, etc.
- eMail Marketing
- Spearhead all email marketing efforts to maximize reach and engagement for newsletters, customer promotional eblasts, customer webcast emails, internal email blasts (events, PD), etc..
- Manage an email calendar, the list segmentation, scheduling, communication (with sales & customers), and reporting
- Project manage the timely and on brand production of assets including content development, creative direction, approval routings, deployment
- Ideate and execute and A/B testing plan; report on results
- Define, monitor and report on event related metrics such as CTO, CTOR, etc.
- Customer Profiling and Database Management
- Serve as the single point of contact for all customer database-related activity including ongoing list cleanse/append, list acquisition, fulfilling list requests, etc.
- Own customer profiling and segmentation including devising a process that allows us to gather and consolidate customer data, analyze data to understand who our target audience is, where the gaps are, what our customer buyer preferences are, understand pain/gain points, produce personas, etc. Manage customer profiling research to augment our understanding
- Manage all forms, APIs and other feeds into customer database and ensure consistent data collection
- Marketing Analytics
- Adopt a performance-driven approach to marketing to meet traffic, engagement and revenue targets. Develop, implement, analyze and report on the success of all marketing efforts including web, social, email, and campaigns.
- Create and monitor web metrics including tracking customers from unknown to known state and through to paid customer/ecommerce. Report on traffic, engagement, conversion funnels, campaigns, content
- Assess and optimize online marketing performance for lead generation, ensuring that a culture of testing, measurement and results is integrated.
- Monitor and track email delivery, open rates, click-to-open rates, cost, registrations, website traffic, and ROI on all campaigns.
- Analyze social metrics including followers, fans, engagement.
- Work with stakeholders to develop monthly reporting against initiatives and provide actionable insights for marketing, sales, events, and editorial teams.
- Sale Enablement and Marketing Communications
- Develop workflow to manage and execute sold services—data services/eblasts, research services, content services (branded, custom)—including
- Improve communication between sales and marketing on proposal development, pipeline and won opportunities, including streamlined process for requests, weekly sales & marketing meetings, etc.
- Project management: create production schedule for sold services, manage process to ensure all assets are delivered on time
- Execution: manage freelancers, content or collateral development; promotion, reporting
- Work with key business stakeholders to support pre- and post-sale activity including pitch decks, online and printed advertising materials, sell sheets, online and printed media kits, product collateral, custom advertorials, custom digital ad units/experiences, native and video content creation, etc.
- Guide the Marketing Designer on the development of the full suite of creative materials needed to support events, products, services (data services, research services, content services) including signage, social, advertising, email, premiums, collateral, onsite programs; Ensure all materials are delivered within budget, on time and on brand.
- Using a project management platform, develop and manage project plans for creation of all marketing content and assets for social, advertising, event registration pages, email campaigns, nurturing campaigns, house ads, etc. Collaborate with design teams to refresh our brand image and redesign all templates.
- Reimagine our trade show presence at major industry events including booth design, collateral material planning & design, signage, premiums, pre- and post-event attendee communication to drive traffic to booth and upsell products & services
- Manage relationships with third party vendors, consultants and freelancers
- 7-10 years’ experience in event marketing, marketing communications, customer profiling & segmentation, email marketing, marketing analytics
- Strategic and creative thinker that draws key insights from data to create the best marketing solution for a particular business line in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Sharp, analytical mind with ability to trouble-shoot and resolve digital marketing challenges with emphasis on improving the user experience. Must possess the ability to make data-driven decisions and translate strategies into measurable solutions. Also, must have a proficiency in Social Media platform, Google Analytics and other reporting tools and be well versed in proving actionable analysis.
- Proven team leader who is known for building deep relationships with colleagues and partners creating a positive team presence and being an ultimate team collaborator; Self-starter, ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, with ability to seamlessly move between creative strategy, planning, and project execution. Must work well under pressure and maintain a deadline centric workflow.
- Excellent project management and communication skills with experience with technologies and methodologies in event marketing, database management, email management, and project management.