Join the Penguin Random House International Sales and Marketing department! We are seeking a highly organized Marketing Assistant to provide general administrative, marketing, and publicity support to the department. Working closely with the International Marketing and Publicity Manager, the Marketing Assistant will also help with preparation for international book fairs and sales conferences. This is an exciting opportunity to interact with staff based in our New York headquarters and ten countries around the world!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Creating weekly newsletters, scheduling advertising campaigns, handling international publicity requests, and maintaining influencer databases.
* Creating and maintaining sales materials including catalogs, sell-sheets, and point-of-sale materials for all Penguin Random House and PRHPS divisions.
* Assisting staff in strategizing and planning title and brand-specific marketing and publicity plans.
* Scheduling and creating content for social media, including the Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
* Distributing e-galley and digital assets, including book trailers and visuals for social media.
* Coordinating print galley mailings.
* Trafficking advertisement requests between the sales and corporate design departments.
* Tracking marketing and promotion expenses for each account.
* Coordinating marketing team meeting schedules and agendas.
* Assisting in the preparation for international book fairs and international sales conferences.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Prior publishing sales or bookselling experience preferred
* Strong interest in and understanding of international publishing and rights
* Excellent written and verbal at communication skills, including copywriting and presentation skills
* Ability to effectively interact with employees across all levels of an organization
* Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Familiarity with social media marketing platforms including Facebook and Twitter
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of Microsoft Access and WordPress a plus
* Foreign language skills a plus
Salary for the Assistant level is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley Books, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at penguinrandomhouse.com.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.