- Full Time
WTVR is recruiting for a part time production assistant.
This position is responsible for performing various duties in support of newsroom production of live and recorded television.Responsibilities
- Responsible for working closely with Directors, Engineering and talent floor directing during live and breaking news.
- Jib camera operation.
- Communicate urgent issues effectively while maintaining a sense of control during daily newscasts and in breaking news situations.
- Teleprompter operation.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Work with Senior Director to maintain studio lighting. This includes climbing a ladder, changing fixtures, and changing light bulbs.
- College degree or equivalent
- Prefer applicants with studio production crew experience in a news environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for operating broadcasting equipment, ability to effectively work under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, work non-traditional shifts including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to climb and work at heights on ladders occasionally
- Must be able to lift and carry over 25 pounds
- Must have a proven record of dependability and punctuality
We are an equal employment opportunity organization. M/F/D/V