- Full Time
The Consumer Advice team at U.S. News & World Report, which strives to help people make smarter decisions when it comes to saving and spending, careers, health, education and real estate, is seeking a full-time Editor to join our Advice Products team. The Editor will work on content for new categories U.S. News plans to cover in consumer products and services. This is an opportunity to bring your talents as an editor to a fun, new initiative.
The Editor will manage and edit content for 360 Reviews, a new team we are launching to bring the U.S. News approach to consumer advice into new categories of consumer products and services. Content includes detailed guides and reviews as well as consumer advice articles. This content will help readers make decisions on topics ranging from home services to major consumer purchase decisions. The Editor will also develop strategies and outlines for the content, as well as hire and manage freelance writers. This position includes working closely with an enthusiastic team of editors in a fast-paced digital environment. It is based in the U.S. News office located in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
- Edit consumer advice content for new consumer products and services topics
- Edit content for subject matter, flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity and accuracy
- Copy edit content for grammar, spelling, AP style, punctuation, keywords and formatting
- Fact check content
- Recruit, train and manage a group of high-quality freelance writers
- Test product pages and content to ensure top-quality, error-free work
- Work with the Advice Products editorial team, product leads, design and IT
- 3-6 years of professional editing experience, plus strong copy editing skills
- Experience editing for a digital publication, newspaper, magazine or similar entity
- Ability to edit content for multiple projects/products simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines and be extremely detail-oriented
- Experience working with online content management systems
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style
- Moderate knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Self-starter who can identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple U.S. News product teams
- Journalism degree or equivalent
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.