Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Account Manager role is a great introduction to STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) Licensing sales. The Account Manager will have the opportunity to collaborate with senior members of the Corporate Markets team in order to gain industry insights and develop an analytical approach to account management. In working closely with other members of the Corporate Markets team, the Account Manager will develop skills to understand the needs of customers and create the most relevant product offerings for those customers. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in developing an existing client base by providing data-driven, customer-centric support.
- Drive sales growth by expanding the portfolio of products within an identified territory in the corporate market.
- Negotiate and close business with a customer centric focus
- Foster long-standing customer relationships through a high level of interaction including site visits/conferences/presentations/telephone/email.
- Produce sales/business reports and maintain a healthy sales pipeline.
- Responsible for identifying and capitalizing on expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Demonstrate competence and knowledge of Springer Nature products and platforms and maintain awareness of current global technology and information industry trends as well as competitive and market intelligence.
- Provide presentations that effectively communicate the value of Springer Nature products.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for potential growth in organic revenue.
- Further develop existing client relationships to broaden the footprint of Springer Nature products within existing accounts.
- Serve as an industry expert; including communicating relevant industry trends and best practices to clients that ultimately create demand for Springer Nature products.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with internal Springer Nature departments and team members to ensure the successful delivery of services to our customers.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and actively participate in the library/scholarly community.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Experience, education, skills and qualifications required:
- Candidates should have their Bachelor’s degree with minimum of one (1) year prior publishing sales experience, preferably in the Corporate library sector.
- Previous experience in the Scientific, Technical, and Medical (STM) publishing market and knowledge of journal and multi-site licensing
- Strong project management skills and able to organize complex work environment effectively
- Self-motivated and willing to continuously improve client relationship management through pursuit of customer-service excellence.
- Ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships within existing corporate accounts using data analysis.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Excellent presentation skills. Must possess experience presenting to groups of peers, management and clients.
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Experience utilizing CRM systems to track account activity and territory progress.
- Ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally – average 50%
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.