Communications Business Manager and Executive Assistant
- Full Time
Reports To: Chief Communications Officer Department: Communications
Position Number: 6024
Status: Exempt/Full Time
The Communications Business Manager and Executive Assistant to the Chief Communications Officer is a key member of a results-oriented Communications team who will provide business and administrative support to the CCO.
The ideal candidate will be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possesses strong written and verbal communication, administrative, budgeting and organizational skills, and must be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Assists the Chief Communication’s Officer with daily administrative duties and departmental business affairs, and manages a broad variety of tasks that include:
- Provides high-level support to the CCO and other senior communication’s managers focused on administration of the department and advancement of its program of work.
- Exercises considerable judgment and discretion in managing the CCO’s active calendar, including scheduling, confirming meetings, and coordinating with other internal and external offices.
- Answers phone calls which could be of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, documents, and presentations on behalf of the Communication’s Department.
- Works with the CCO and department managers on substantive preparation for meetings, including development and distribution of materials (budgets, agendas, presentations, handouts, minutes, etc.) and coordination with other Conservancy departments and/or external contacts.
- Assists CCO with preparation of departmental budget creation and reconciliation
- Manages weekly and other departmental performance reports
- Conducts research, organizes data, and generates memos and reports.
- Drafts speaking remarks for the CCO as needed.
- Enters and maintains internal and external contacts in Outlook, which are confidential in nature and require close management to ensure it remains accurate and up to date.
- Maintains, organizes and stores physical and digital files.
- Completes expense reports and assists in budget preparation on behalf of the department.
- Tracks and processes contracts and invoices; ensuring that they go through outlined internal approval procedures.
- Arranges travel plans, logistics, and itineraries.
- Contributes to and in some cases leads special tasks and tracking progress towards organizational goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience providing administrative support for senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Team player – energetic, enthusiastic and personable – with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and their assistants, external partners and donors
- Interest in communications work with an understanding of content creation, for digital, print, video and audio platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Interest in urban park management and the mission of the Conservancy preferred