- Full Time
Hour Media has an immediate opening for a Production Director. If you are a friendly perfectionist with an eagle eye for quality control, keep reading. We are looking for someone who’s both relentlessly organized, excellent at building and maintaining relationships with designers, editors and sales staff. Logic, tact, and a great attitude go a long way.
Duties include management of the office-wide publication deadlines, preflight and print prep of both print advertising materials and editorial content, and occasional design for advertising needs. Candidate will need to be a scrupulous protector of quality and be responsible for final file signoff and upload, and various departmental documentations, including vendor invoices and paper inventory.
Our ideal candidate believes in quality product, can sense a paper weight change a mile away, and gets personal satisfaction crossing off items from their to-do list.
- Construct initial layout of magazine based on advertising and editorial needs.
- Manage process of materials collection including tracking for in-house advertising.
- Coordinate and enforce office-wide publishing deadlines.
- Preflight and print prep all magazine content.
- Upload and approve magazine content to printers.
- Distribute and maintain necessary documents for the construction of each magazine
- Process vendor invoices and file final fiscal documents for each magazine.
- Press check select magazines and work with printers on the development and bidding of new or changing projects
- Daily check-ins with editorial, art and sales staff on material needs and production status.
- 3+ year experience at a publication or agency preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or mastery of Adobe Creative Suite/equivalent work required
- Experience in print production, project bidding and print vendor management.
- Proven track record of relationship building, personality management and calm temperament under fire.
Highly organized with documented success in a fact-paced, multi-tasking