Group Nine Media is currently seeking an Associate Media Planner to join the Media Planning team within our Ad Sales department. As an Associate Media Planner, you will be responsible for building lower level media plans tailored to digital advertiser campaigns. Associate Media Planners will shadow and assist our Media Planners and Senior Media Planners with day to day tasks in addition to aiding them with completion of materials. You will also assist in developing and maintaining a strong knowledge of your clients’ business and apply your media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the clients’ needs. The successful candidate in this role will be a self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and work closely with the media planning team.
- Support Senior Media Planners and Media Planners on a daily basis.
- Help team prioritize work, track media planning output.
- Help maintain/update planning materials and resources.
- Attendance and contribution of ideas during low budget brainstorm for RFPs & RFIs
- Build lower budget media plans based on brainstorms / KPIs
- Put together media decks for low budget, direct buys.
- Pull and manage inventory via Google DFP
- Complete advertiser/agency templates and materials
- Revise media plans based on advertiser feedback
- Review IOs to ensure they match media plans and that relevant Ts and Cs are included
- Revise media plans if revisions to the IO are required
- Monthly billing issues
- Viewability issues
- Under delivery / Makegoods
- Book and schedule all signed and executed IOs in custom build Salesforce inventory system
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience in a professional setting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Comfortable working on tight deadlines
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Thrives in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Relevant experience at a start-up or digital media company, preferred
- Upbeat, highly collaborative and solution oriented, preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Good communication skills.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.