Washington DC Correspondent
- Full Time
NK News is seeking a hard-working, tenacious, and creative reporter to cover U.S. policy on North Korea from Washington DC.
Working with the managing editor in Seoul remotely, the desired candidate will be expected to regularly write news and features, cover breaking news, attend North Korea events and conferences in both Washington and NYC, develop sources, and work on in-depth investigations.
We are seeking a journalist with a proven track record in breaking stories, who can work independently and creatively to enhance our coverage of U.S. policy towards North Korea at a critical time.
– At least two years’ experience in journalism
– Proven track record covering breaking news, developing sources, and writing long-form investigations
– Solid news-judgement, ability to work independently under pressure
– Creativity and an ability to bring fresh angles to a well-covered beat is a must
– Proven interest in North Korea and U.S. policy in East Asia
– Good knowledge of social media
– Korean language ability a major plus
Knowledge of NK News and NK Pro platforms, familiarity with our work
Willingness to work some irregular hours on stories and developing source networks
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the job, as well as three writing samples, by Sunday, March 15.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered suited to candidate’s experience level.
Desired start date: Mid-April