Marketing Manager - Business Development
- Full Time
As the Marketing Manager, you will manage the day-to-day marketing activities of the Company and you play a critical role in developing marketing programs to drive customer engagement and incremental sales for the company. You are responsible for implementing and executing strategic marketing plans in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. This position is also responsible for managing program performance, optimizing current programs as well as developing new ones for key areas of the business. You will collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams as well as bn.com Marketing and Merchandising teams to ensure alignment and flawless campaign execution.
• Develop and implement marketing plans for key areas of the business development program, such as Institutional, Educator, Bookfair, Corporate, Classroom Library, and STEM Services.
• Develop marketing strategies to maximize customer engagement and incremental sales for various marketing channels, ensuring consistency of messaging and brand across all channels.
• Develop business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics.
• Build and oversee customer-facing Marketing calendar, and be sure it is integrated/updated with the annual Marketing calendar.
• Build and closely manage project plans for executing Marketing assets allocated to each key area.
• Coordinate internal/external communications with Merchandising, Store Operations, IT and other stakeholders relating to focus area.
• Build and create customer facing marketing collateral for all areas of the business.
• Track and analyze campaign results to optimize campaign performance.
• Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Graphic design skills and proficiency.
• Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
• Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suit
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• At least 5 years marketing experience.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Contact (800) 799-5335.