Oil & Gas Reporter
- Full Time
SparkSpread, a part of Inframation Group, is the leading provider of real-time news in the conventional and renewable power sectors. Following the recent acquisition of SparkSpread by Inframation Group’s parent, Acuris, SparkSpread is now looking to extend its real-time finance and M&A coverage into North America oil & gas, with an initial focus on the midstream sector.
Reporting to the co-editors of SparkSpread, and in their absence the Managing Editor of Inframation Group, the oil & gas reporter will play a key role in the expansion of SparkSpread’s editorial coverage.The role entails ensuring SparkSpread is first to report on M&A transactions, asset sales, key personnel moves and related financings in the North America oil & gas sector. The reporter would be responsible for developing and maintaining a network of industry sources across commercial and investment banks, private equity funds, infrastructure funds, law firms and oil & gas companies.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of breaking hard news, a proven ability to make and maintain industry contacts, a talent for explaining complex financial issues in clear, accurate prose, and will thrive under tight deadline pressure.
- Writing a minimum of 10 and up to 15 or more news stories a week for SparkSpread, around one third of which should be exclusive news.
- Establishing brand recognition for SparkSpread outside of its core strength in power and renewables.
- Developing new areas of coverage within oil & gas.
- Assisting with production of content for up to two InfraNews conferences in consultation with Inframation management and SparkSpread’s co-editors.
This will involve:
- Regular meetings with the Houston and New York-based oil & gas investment, corporate and finance community.
- Developing excellent contacts among the infrastructure funds and institutional investors investing in the North America oil & gas sector, as well as relevant lenders, advisors, government and regulatory contacts.
- Writing succinct M&A and debt financings news stories to deadline.
- Writing occasional longer form analysis pieces, as required.
- Sticking to deadlines laid down by the co-editors and ensuring swift delivery of copy to an acceptable standard.
- Liaising with commercial and events teams and industry participants for feedback for events content.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9mwcd7j3xj7gq92d