- Full Time
The Real Deal, an award-winning publication that covers the real estate industry in New York, Miami, Los Angeles and Chicago is looking for a managing editor to join our L.A. bureau.
We need a quick thinker with a flexible nature who will cultivate sources and generate scoops as well as assign and edit stories.
Writing and editing work will include breaking news stories for the website, longer form features for both the site and the quarterly magazines, as well as recapping stories from other publications.
The right candidate has the following:
- Possesses a sharp eye for news
- Knows how to turn a good story into a great story
- Clean, effortless copy with a kick is a must, as are organizational skills — you will be ensuring copy goes up in a timely manner and keeping an eye on the story mix every day
- Works well under deadline
- At least 5 years of experience managing a newsroom
We want someone who is excited about business reporting, and who sees the possibilities for groundbreaking stories in one of the most exciting real estate markets in the world.
Salary is competitive, and benefits include access to health insurance and a 401K, plus the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, fast-paced environment with room to grow in the organization. Please mail a cover letter, resume, clips and salary expectations to email@example.com. No calls, please.