- Full Time
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a Features Editor for our rapidly growing consumer automotive website: cars.usnews.com.
We’ve helped more than 60 million car shoppers choose and buy a car in the past year with objective advice, rankings and reviews. With the tremendous growth we’ve seen over the past 10 years, we want to continue to offer consumers the very best car buying and car ownership advice by expanding into new content areas, and the Features Editor will help us do just that.
Responsibilities of the job:
- Recruit/maintain roster of freelancers with experience/knowledge relevant to content goals
- Assign, fact check and edit (including copy edit) content based on content templates from SEO, product and senior edit team
- Produce content in accordance with recommendations from SEO team
- QA web content for online production
- Edit (including copy edit) general automotive content as needed
- 3 years experience writing/editing/producing online content
- Basic-to-intermediate knowledge of SEO tools such as Searchmetrics, Moz, SEMrush
- Excellent organization and project tracking skills (experience processing invoices a plus)
- Strong writing and editing skills, especially editing for SEO and copy editing
- Experience with web publishing using a CMS (experience designing basic web page layouts a plus)
- Auto industry knowledge, with focus on financing, insurance, ownership (motor sports knowledge a plus)
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and clips to be considered.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, and a 401(k) plan. Our offices are located in downtown Washington, D.C.