Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
The Creative Designer applies design expertise across a diverse medical education and training portfolio. He/she will fulfill all design requirements, from concepts through to developed creative assets, varying from traditional print items (booklets), digital magazines, PowerPoint decks, medical illustrations, and digital initiatives. The environment is client-driven, very fast-paced, and deadline oriented.
- Work within creative services team to help lead creative conceptualization for design work within Springer Healthcare USA and, when appropriate, globally.
- Take creative lead on major design work; handle typesetting and layout of print and digital projects (small and large scale); create proofs and take in design amends.
- Create line art and other graphic content, including medical illustrations and image editing.
- Prepare and present visual concepts in response to design brief, and explain concept development to internal clients.
- Advise any freelance resource on best conceptual routes and most appropriate visual style for any given job, taking into account the brief, therapy area and specific client brand needs.
- Instigate quality checks throughout design process to ensure all design work hits brief and is of required standard.
- Contribute creative ideas for new business pitches and proposals, and deliver suitable design materials to support such initiatives.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience in a digital agency or with graphic/print/web design/
- Strong conceptual skills
- Strong comprehension of information architecture, usability and editorial disciplines
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision and also able to work collaboratively with a team
- Adobe Suite required
- Understanding of the healthcare industry
- Experience with medical illustrations
- UX/UI knowledge
- Awareness/familiarity with would be an advantage:
- SCORM-compliant eLearning authoring tools: Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate
- Digital publishing: In5
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.