Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
Springer Healthcare (SH) is a global company providing strategic and tactical communication, education and training solutions to the Pharmaceutical Industry. It is a part of Springer-SBM, a leading medical and science publisher. Our US-based business requires an Editorial Services Director to ensure the high level of quality and delivery that SH is associated with, specifically in our tactical education and sales training divisions.
The Editorial Services Director will have responsibility for leading the development and delivery of training and medical education initiatives for the US market. Overall, this combined portfolio is seen by the company as a growth area, both locally within the US and internationally.
The Editorial Service Director will be responsible for editorially managing existing projects and accounts, and maintaining excellent levels of customer service. They may also be asked to provide support in key product development and in business development opportunities within the US market.
- Write and edit scientific and medical materials to a high quality level on a wide range of topics, ensuring that the brief is fully met in terms of messages, flow, creativity, relevance and accuracy
- Maintain editorial and scientific quality in all SH writing and projects by ensuring the appropriate level of review on all outputs from freelance or internal medical writers, ensuring the above criteria are met, and providing timely and relevant feedback
- Ensure that all delivered materials are of a high standard and meet the specifications agreed with the client
- Ensure work is completed within the agreed project hours, alerting colleagues if hours are exceeded, or if work is outside of the agreed scope of the project
- Develop and manage a trusted network of freelancers and vendors who can be utilized to build the portfolio
Portfolio Management and Business Development
- In conjunction with the Commercial Services Director research and identify the specific services and products that capture the current market trends as well as meet the financial requirements for SH
- Use understanding of specific clients’ educational and scientific needs to identify optimal tactical solutions
- Participate in content outline development, pitches and client meetings as needed
- Manage a team of medical editors / writers to ensure all projects and content are delivered in a timely fashion to the schedule agreed with the client
- Ensure all team members have yearly objectives and development plans
- Recognize further training needs of the team
- BSc/BA required, Biomedical Sciences preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a writing/editorial role within a medical communications agency or medical publishing company
- Minimum of 2 years’ management experience
- Experience in Sales or MSL training, digital delivery solutions, or business development is beneficial
- Excellent writing, editing, and reviewing skills
- Broad understanding of therapy areas and the needs of international healthcare professionals
- Must have previously managed a team and have the ability to recruit appropriately, identify strong performers as well as areas for improvement
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
- Strong customer focus – able to ensure that customer expectations are met and exceeded
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work on own initiative or in a team environment
- Decision-making – able to make timely and effective decisions, and take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business and client needs
- Proficiency with MS office packages
- Good customer-facing skills – ability to represent SH in face-to-face customer meetings
- Innovative and intellectually curious with the ability to develop new products and services either in response to customer objectives or to broaden SH’s portfolio
- Keep current on educational, training and digital trends
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springerhealthcare.com.Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.