Publicity & Marketing Campaign Manager
- Full Time
To plan and execute creative publicity and marketing campaigns for Storey’s books. Promote titles and authors across traditional and digital media; to booksellers, librarians, and specialty retail partners; via topic-specific organizations and associations; and to Storey’s general and niche consumer audiences. Develop dynamic relationships with media, booksellers, and marketing partners; plan and organize customized author tours; book trade and consumer advertising; and energetically communicate campaign success to sales reps, book buyers, and in-house sales, marketing, and editorial teams. Collaborate with Publicity and Marketing Directors to develop and strategize campaign priorities. Develop partnerships with authors to guide and support their promotional efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and execute marketing and publicity campaigns for select frontlist books
* Strategize and implement creative ways to boost book and author presence in the marketplace, including the development of promotional marketing materials
* Write original press releases, customized pitches and creative marketing copy for frontlist titles
* Build relationships with national and local media contacts and marketing partners, and pitch story and promotion ideas via email, phone, mail, and in-person
* Book trade and consumer print and digital advertising, write ad copy, and manage design circulation
* Develop strong and consistent communication with authors to support their promotional efforts
* Plan and organize author tours for select frontlist titles: select cities, book events, coordinate author travel, secure local media, develop event marketing materials
* Plan seasonal backlist publicity and marketing promotions
* Compile media lists and coordinate mailings
* Track, record, and communicate media coverage and event plans through databases, weekly emails, and in-person presentations
* Arrange corporate publicity for milestone anniversaries, charitable donations, etc.
* May include limited travel to develop media contacts, support Storey’s presence at trade and consumer shows, and coordinate author events.
* BS or BA from a four-year accredited college
* Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in publicity and/or marketing
* Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and social media platforms
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and research skills
* Excellent phone manner
* Energetic, independent, and creative
* Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal: viewing media and press releases; visually inspecting text for errors
* Must be able to move from one point to another
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Must be able to sit or stand in one location for extended periods of time
* Must be able to travel to offsite sales conferences, trade shows and author events
Send cover letter and resume via the link provided.
A cover letter is important because it lets us know why you want to work at Storey Publishing and what about this particular job interests you.
Any additional information such as writing samples, campaign plans, etc. would be appreciated
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status