Director, Digital Media
- Full Time
The Digital Media Director is responsible for conceiving, managing and publishing best-in-class digital and social content experiences for TLC and Discovery Life. This person will lead a small team in establishing and implementing effective, innovative and influential social media strategies that are aligned with the network's target brand voice and show priorities. He or she will report to the Vice President, Multi-Platform Strategy and Digital Media.
This role manages the entire project lifecycle and, along with the team, creates engaging and high-quality content that is both on brand and meets growth and engagement goals. He or she will also work closely with various departments including marketing, talent management, media, video production, editorial, design and product. The goal of this role is to create social and digital content that extends the brand, communicates a coherent message in sync with network initiatives, and drives viewers across all owned and operated platforms. A love of all things lifestyle and TLC is paramount.
This role can be located in either New York City, New York or Silver Spring, Maryland.
Responsibilities 1. Develop and execute a social media and convergent digital strategy for TLC and Discovery Life Channel's content portfolio using engaging content, campaigns, and online events
2. Build awareness, buzz and affinity for TLC and Discovery Life Channel on TLCme.com
3. Plan and assign original convergent content and programming for TLCme.com
4. Partner with digital video team to create convergent short and mid-form content
5. Execute partnerships with talent management, TVE, marketing, online, interactive media and programming departments to leverage all digital resources and assets
6. Monitor and effectively leverage social media tools, trends, applications, as well as measure the success of engagement
7. Manage multiple platforms and pages including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
8. Enable all social media marketing campaigns across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
9. Monitor and evaluate new technologies to ensure that TLC and Discovery Life are on the cutting edge of new innovations in the digital media space
10. Collect data and evaluate performance digital successes and trends using key measurement techniques on the web (i.e. Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
* 6-8 years' experience in social media marketing, digital media content or equivalent
* At least five years in a management capacity
* Experience with entertainment-adjacent content and network talent preferred
* Proficiency with MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
* Proficiency in online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights), online content management and publishing systems (Spredfast), and social listening tools (Radian 6)
* Must be willing to be present in both New York City and Silver Spring HQs
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem-solving skills
* Excellent management skills and ability to work well across teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to multitask in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
* Able to prioritize and successfully complete multiple, ongoing projects
* Should be creative
* Possess an affinity for detail and organization
* Create/sustain positive working relationships with various constituents (internal and external)
* Openness to feedback and rapid campaign evolution; calm under pressure
* Strategic thinking; business acumen
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qc4jjqxzhvfyy3jj