Manager, Digital Media and Event Sales
- Full Time
Greentech Media, now a Wood Mackenzie business, is the leading information services provider for the global energy transformation - providing market research, authoritative news, and industry-leading events.
Our digital platform and events reach the decision makers of the next-gen energy landscape.
The candidate will be given a chance to develop world-class business know-how within a fast-growing industry and take an active part in adding value to clients around the world.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales and sales management of conference sponsorships and digital programs across our energy sectors while collaborating on product innovation and services.
Key targets & responsibilities
- Nurture existing client relationships and develop new business relationships (deep and wide) to exceed budget within a territory.
- Act as a Greentech Media Brand ambassador at key industry events and through proactive outreach to further penetrate and grow account base.
- Product suite consists of event sponsorships, podcasts, custom content creation, content promotion, webinars and other digital programs across multiple GTM channels.
- Develop an understanding of clients’ strategic needs and initiatives to build integrated campaigns to help achieve those results.
- Respond to inbound inquiries in a very timely fashion – for example, media kit inquiries and general conference information requests.
- Manage all aspects of the sales communication and negotiation process for territory.
- Collaborate with entire Digital Media and Events team – acting as the voice of the customer - to develop new products and improve existing products.
- Travel will be required to most GTM events (~6 per year), key industry tradeshows, and occasional strategic account visits.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required
- BS/BA degree required
- At least 3- 5 years of experience in a structured account management/sales role focused on event/tradeshow sponsorships, digital media programs, or research.
- Experience with sales management of customers in industries such as energy, financial services & industrials a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of driving revenue growth, exceeding targets and acquiring new clients.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit.
- Ability to travel to client meetings, conferences, and events (approx. 6 per year).
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Required travel is less than 20% of annual work hours
- Standard 40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Personal impact
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis
- Building and maintaining relationships
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organizational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving a balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers online as a result of your disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.