NBC Sports Group Social Media Specialist
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
A Social Media Specialist on the NBC Sports social team serves as a frontline brand representative for the company across our portfolio of sports properties, with an emphasis on interacting and engaging with fans in real-time as well as creating custom content specifically for the social media landscape. We are looking for a candidate with an authentic passion for sports with initiative to join a creative and collaborative environment.
This is a contract position based out of our Stamford, CT offices.
• Day-to-day content creation, publishing and management across a variety of NBC Sports properties on various social media platforms, including the NFL, NHL, Premier League, NASCAR, IndyCar, etc.
• Creation and publication of custom images, GIFs, and videos specifically for the social media space & platforms
• Cover and create social content around live events on NBC’s family of networks
• Collaborate with coordinators, manager and director on maintenance of social content calendar, including short and long-term content planning
• Liaise with NBC Sports talent and on-air production team for various executions
• Participate in brainstorming for a variety of content across the company, including coordinating with sales, content, production and consumer engagement teams
• Execute and track social sales obligations
• Assist in reporting and tracking of social metrics
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Digital Media, or a related field
• 1+ relevant work experience or related internships
• Extensive knowledge of sports and internet culture
• Experience in design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
• Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as the sports calendar dictates
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.