NBC Sports Social Media Community Manager
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 24 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. Role Purpose
Frontline brand representative for NBC Sports social media department interacting and engaging with fans in real-time on social media as well as creating custom content specifically for the social media landscape. We are looking for a candidate with an authentic passion for sports with initiative to join a creative and collaborative environment. Responsibilities
- Day to day management of the NBC Sports properties on various social media platforms, with assistance on other sports on an as-needed basis
- Responsible for day to day engagement around the NBC Sports flagship social media accounts, including live social coverage, posting content and engaging the social communities around NBC Sports’ flagship properties, including the Olympics, Sunday Night Football, NHL, Premier League, NASCAR, and more
- Work with Manager on editorial calendar
- Create custom images, gifs, and videos specifically for the social media space & platforms
- Liaise with NBC Sports talent and on-air production team
- Report week to week analytics on each sports property Top performing posts, top tweets, etc.
- Opportunity to work on other NBC Sports properties when needed
- Utilization of Photoshop and Premiere Pro skills
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Digital Media, or a related field
- 2-4 years relevant work experience or related internships
- Extensive knowledge of sports and internet culture
- Experience and proficiency in design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Experience with GoPro & DSLR cameras videography & photography a plus
Willingness to work early weekend mornings
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Strong editorial discretion
- Extremely organized
- Proactive, positive, reliable, incredibly dedicated, with tremendous follow-through
- Passionate about sports and the live sports conversation
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong knowledge and interest in social media
- Ability to handle feedback with professionalism.
- Has worked on brands social media platforms in former experiences
- Various internship experiences
- Interest in graphic design and photography
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, IndyCar, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more. In 2018, NBC Sports Group presented three of the biggest sporting events in the world: Super Bowl LII, the Winter Olympics from PyeongChang, South Korea, and the FIFA World Cup on the networks of Telemundo.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.