Senior Vice President, Sales
- Full Time
- Lead Gamut revenue across all lines of business: direct sales, and channel sales.
- Meet and exceed short-term and long-term revenue and profitability targets.
- Hire, train, develop and lead a high-performing sales team. Determine the ideal team and account structures, implement effective incentive plans, coach the teams on strategic selling, and maximize sales productivity.
- Define, implement and manage smart sales strategy and KPIs and ensure the team is using Salesforce effectively.
- Identify areas for organic growth, including areas for product development and/or product launches, working closely with the product teams.
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting for U.S. sales and sales expenses. Create and manage sales compensation plans, commission statements and sales expenses.
- Serve as a key representative for Gamut in the market and at events, and internally within Cox.
- Help close new strategic partnerships with marketers, agencies and channel partners.
- 10+ years of sales leadership experience for an advertising technology, B2B/marketing technology and/or digital media business, including 5+ years leading multi-layered sales organization.
- Experience setting sales strategy and scaling revenue in a high-growth digital media or advertising technology or marketing technology organization; ideal candidate has built and led businesses with $75+ million revenue run rate.
- Experience and competency with video strategies- both linear and digital media, the industry landscape, its key players and trends.
- Highly visible member of the advertising technology and digital advertising community, with senior level relationships with marketers, agencies, platforms and publishers.
- Expertise in video and OTT is a plus.
- A rainmaker with a track record of closing large, 7-figure revenue partnerships.
- Deep expertise in setting up and implementing sales training, scalable process and effective use of Salesforce.
- Able to travel 40% to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Team-player, highly collaborative and decisive leader
- Commitment to winning and exceeding revenue goals and KPIs
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment, while also operating within a larger operation.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and oral)
- High level of accountability and emphasis on execution.
- High integrity
- Exceptional at internal relationship-building; able to develop and maintain good working relationships with multiple teams inside Cox Media Group.
- Inspires and motivates teams, and brings out the best work from her/his teams
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.