Director of Communications and Marketing
- Full Time
This individual will manage marketing/communications initiatives including, but not limited to:
Experience in Apparel is a must
- Work closely with executive team to develop and implement marketing/communications and growth strategies
- Responsible for all elements of Free Country branding- Including day to day marketing materials and the ongoing larger brand narrative.
- Development, creation and maintenance of marketing collateral
- Lead proactive media relations efforts including building positive relationships with national, regional and trade media across all digital platforms
- Leading social media strategy and management
- create regular corporate communications to share updates on the business to the entire team
- Manager marketing and communications budget and oversee contracts/invoices with agency partners and other vendors
- Maintenance of website including the updating of content
- Manage marketing and communications budgets; ability to stay within budgets and provide status reports monthly
- Draft, distribute and manage content for press releases and facilitate media interviews for exhibitions and events
- Strategic tactics to continue to appeal to existing audiences but also bring in new audiences
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar of programs and events
- Develop and manage all social media content
- Coordinate media interest and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
A minimum bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in related field
8- 10 years of relevant experience in a comparable organization is required.
A self-starter with strong marketing and communication skills is a must.
Highly Collaborative style, positive attitude and commitment to continuous improvement for the brand
Experience working in or knowledge of Apparel Industry.
High attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment across multiple departments with competing priorities.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various staff. Computer fluency in (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.