Exhibits and Marketing Assistant
- Full Time
Guilford Press is looking for an organized and enthusiastic Exhibits and Marketing Assistant to join our team. This position has a busy and detailed role in supporting a fast-paced and productive marketing department, which includes:
- Administrative support for our off-site Exhibits Manager.
- Coordinating various aspects of exhibits work for all conferences we attend.
- Sending books and supplies to combined book exhibits where we don’t attend.
- Traveling to meetings and representing the company in a professional capacity.
- Booking travel arrangements; and arranging for/supervising on-site staff at meetings.
- Miscellaneous office work as needed such as proofreading; creating order forms, flyers, and postcards; binding manuscripts; shipping books; and keeping conference supplies organized and in stock.
- Marketing and Sales projects, including internet research.
- Other special projects as needed.
In addition to efficiently coordinating a multitude of tasks with accuracy and promptness, being able to meet important deadlines while clearly communicating any issues is essential. As such, our ideal candidate must have outstanding organizational and communication skills, and an impeccable attention to detail. Minimum of two years’ exhibits or event planning experience is ideal, preferably within publishing.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs is required. A college degree is preferred. Conference travel is also required.
About Our Company
Guilford Press is an independent academic/scholarly press located in midtown Manhattan. We publish outstanding titles in psychology, education, geography and related fields. We are a very productive company with high standards in a collaborative environment. For more information about Guilford, please visit our website at www.guilford.com.
Candidates should send their resume with a well-written cover letter, including salary requirement, to the attention of Dorothy Avery. Please note that resumes received without cover letters will not be considered. A well-written cover letter would ideally address your key administrative and event-planning skills, and how they may apply to the above job requirements. Include the title of the position in the email subject line: “Exhibits and Marketing Assistant”.
No calls, no snail mail, faxes, no agencies please.