1 day left
- Full Time
A national magazine publisher based in New York is hiring a Production Assistant to work on print production. You will report to the Production Manager and interact with the designers, editors and pre-press to traffic pages and oversee the production of issues. The company maintains a fast-paced editorial environment with multiple titles in production at all times.
- Send high-res art to pre-press for creation of low res
- Track and place low res images and send layouts to soft proofing for color correction
- Print First and Final rounds for routing to edit and art
- Fine tune files for shipping pages to pre press
- Upload press ready pages for final approval
- Create PDF’s throughout the editorial/design approval process
- Work with issue teams to set up issue folders on server
- Create issue maps
- Assist with editorial, art and photo requests
Candidates must have prior magazine experience, know InDesign, and ideally have worked with soft proofing and color correction tools. The company is a weekly publisher with a high production workflow.
Apply for Production Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly