- Full Time
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Piscataway, New Jersey
The overall purpose of this position is to help promote IEEE Educational Activities products and programs to B2B and B2C audiences. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing content and campaigns that generate and nurture leads to grow revenue for Educational Activities programs and products. In this role, you will be responsible for producing timely, relevant collateral (written, audiovisual); engaging with and building our community online; analyzing and reporting on data; and staying on top of the latest technologies that will help our organization grow and compete. Strong writing and proofreading skills are essential, as is the ability to interpret analytics for a wide variety of audiences. Video production experience is a plus. As a team player, the Marketing Specialist will consult with program managers, other marketers, and product owners to ideate and manage campaigns and content that focuses on continuous, measurable improvement. This role reports to the Director of Educational Activities, Sales and Marketing and functions as an individual contributor.
75% Marketing Development and Engagement
- Marketing Asset Development and Communications
- Develop and edit marketing assets aimed at a diverse mix of audiences that lead to revenue generation, including print and video ads, social media posts, blog/microsite posts, webinars, infographics, flyers, presentations, etc.
- Write and produce short videos for marketing and program purposes.
- Understand and utilize best practices and discretion to elevate audiovisual content among target audiences and media.
- Build and manage comprehensive social media editorial calendars, ensuring every piece of content is promoted across paid, earned, and/or owned channels.
- Serve as EA’s online community manager on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others as needed, monitoring and engaging in relevant social discussions about our organization, relevant topics, and/or industry, both with existing audiences as well as with brand new audiences that you identify and reach out to.
- Market Planning and Program Measurement
- Execute and regularly measure strategic product and program marketing plans in coordination with other members of the education marketing, product, and sales teams.
- Assist in market analysis process to determine market viability of products and programs.
- Build, deploy, A/B test and report on email campaign effectiveness, including template designs and branding, calls-to-action, tracking links, and content used.
- Research and regularly share new ways to engage our target markets that will facilitate additional revenues and/or revenue streams.
- Keep track of competitive offerings, proactively recommending strategies that improve our education products or streamline internal marketing processes.
- Marketing Operations and Project Management
- Create templates, user guides and other documentation for our marketing team and project leads with an eye on improving efficiency.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through digital channels.
25% Lead Generation & Reporting
- Optimize content for search engines (keywords, alt tags) that leads to high impact lead generation.
- Use marketing automation platforms to build and segment lists that are GDPR compliant, and segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and purchases.
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database.
- Test and refine calls-to-action, landing pages and tracking links to generate new leads.
- Work cooperatively with salesforce to qualify leads and optimize lead nurture workflows.
- Track and report on lead quality score ratios, making monthly recommendations for improvement.
- Implement a healthy mix of organic strategies to grow email databases across the department.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives and report to management regularly to show ROI.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of work or internship experience in digital marketing.
- Video production experience required.
- Social media marketing experience required.
- Graphic design skills preferred.
- Marketing automation system knowledge and experience a plus.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading skills; writing samples will be requested
- Proven social media and online community management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to organize and build consensus among key decision makers
- Highly competent in working with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Adobe suite of products.
- Ability and high degree of comfort using Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Proficient in Camtasia or other video editing software
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS a plus
- Some travel may be required, about 5%
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=190072&tz=GMT-05%3A00
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.