Internal Communications Manager
- Full Time
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for managing a complex communications work stream. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who can partner with leaders, the business and functional teams to produce compelling content and use storytelling to engage team members. This role will focus on helping team members understand the company strategy and link their work to the company goals and operating plans.
Consulting, Planning and Management
- Consult and collaborate with Enterprise Technology leadership team and project teams
Support chief information officer with communication strategy development and delivery
Manage the departmental communication editorial calendar to ensure consistency and alignment of internal communication activities happening across the department and company
- Forecast, plan and manage workload and priorities to ensure high quality service and internal client satisfaction
- Establish, manage and ensure usage of company-approved communications templates, policies, procedures and guides
- Craft messages and write communications that are detailed, accurate and concise, and tailored to the author, vehicle and audience
- Write in a variety of styles and formats
- Develop engaging, grammatically correct content that reinforces the organization’s brand position, operating plans and team member value proposition
- Translate complex technology topics into clear and engaging messaging for non-technical audiences
- Deliver messaging using Enterprise Technology’s standard communications processes and templates
- Develop and deliver strategies to support companywide technology programs, such as the roll-out of new technology tools and platforms
- In partnership with internal client team, establish agreed upon service levels and key performance metrics for internal communications that align with companywide standards
- Conduct external research and implement best practices to drive continuous improvement of company-wide internal communication programs, processes and channels
- Establish and manage ongoing measurement and reporting process to ensure internal communications is delivering greater overall value (ROI) for the organization
- Manage priorities and workload to ensure high value and healthy balance
- If needed, leverage vendor/contractor management process including a company-approved list of external talent who can provide scalable support to meet internal communication needs as they arise
- At least 3 years of internal communication experience
- Prior management of internal communication programs, processes, and channels (intranet, print publications, webcast, video, etc.)
- Experience managing editorial calendars
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that can effectively engage team members and help them understand and foster the organization’s mission, vision, values, culture, goals and strategies
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep numerous projects on track and on budget
- Ability to measure and report on the effectiveness of the team member communication programs and its value to the company’s goals and strategic initiatives
- Experience working with technical teams and topics (not technical writing) preferred
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field. In lieu of a degree, education and work experience will be considered.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.