On Air Talent
- Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Make sure the overall sound of the show is entertaining, fun and informative.
- Execute regular postings on all station Social Media platforms.
- Make sure all promotions/contests are executed properly.
- Conduct show prep on a daily basis.
- Handle the execution of live broadcasts, communicate with board op each break.
- Attend all relevant station meetings.
- Protect the FCC license.
- Conduct EAS tests per FCC requirement
- Participate in all Content/Marketing/Promotions brainstorming meetings
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Participates at station promotional events as directed by Director of Operations.
- Performs all other tasks perceived, assigned, and/or required that contribute to the smooth running of the department and to the achievement of departmental and station goals.
- Periodic and unscheduled on-air (air check) review sessions with the Program Director.
- All CMG Houston employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place and be cheerful, cooperative and productive and to perform other such duties as may be required for the efficient operations of the stations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate, college preferred.
- Five years of on-air major or medium market announcer experience including production experience.
- Good working knowledge of audio equipment necessary for on-air and production execution.
- Extensive Social Media aptitude across all platforms.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as program logs, music logs, production orders and employee handbook.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Proper diction and command of the English language.
- Must be able to articulate and enunciate effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to compute percentages and to draw and interpret conclusions regarding listener information.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out required job functions.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.