- Full Time
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. News
12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated news professional to supervise newsgathering and presentation of hyperlocal news coverage on all platforms. Responsibilities will include: overseeing editorial content and monitoring the construction of newscasts, copy editing newscast and reporter scripts and working closely with the Assignment Desk Supervisor to monitor developing stories, breaking news and crew logistics. Other responsibilities include: providing coaching and training for producers; conducting performance reviews; coordinating scheduling of staff; monitoring the news product across all platforms to ensure quality control and maximize added value on the News 12 digital, social and OTT platforms. The Executive Producer will also be required to collaborate with the News Director and other news managers to develop special segments and news programming, including but not limited to, elections and town meetings; troubleshoot issues and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years in journalism, including three years in television news producing, or equivalent
- Must have excellent writing & editing skills, and news judgment that follows the style of the News 12 organization
- Experience in managing teams is required
- Flexibility to work any assigned shift, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays, is required
- Competency in technical aspects of television production as well as a thorough knowledge of journalism and television news is required
- Must also be able to work under pressure and have excellent knowledge of current events and history
- Should have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, leadership, communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Should have superior news judgment, excellent coaching and training skills and strong team building skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.