Come join MSNBC Weekends, one of the fastest growing parts of MSNBC. We’re looking for a new Executive Producer to push our programming creatively, challenge our staff editorially, and cover the news relentlessly. The news does not stop on weekends, in fact, these days, it seems to accelerate. We want an Executive Producer who lives and loves breaking news because there will be a lot of it. But we also want someone with creative vision. Someone who will build something smart and informative that pushes into new creative frontiers. Weekends are where great ideas develop. Come launch some great ideas with us.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Responsible for the overall vision, content, editorial planning process, and day to day operations of show
Copy edit all scripts
Coach and mentor show staff, including senior producers
Act as control room supervisor
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 8 years of experience in live television, preferably cable news
• Must have at least 3 years of experience managing a team
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy and history
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Master's degree in journalism preferred
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
• Sound journalistic judgment
• Must be detail oriented, exhibit grace under pressure in breaking news environment and meet multiple daily deadlines
• Creative thinker who bring new ideas to news stories
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.