Director, Audience Science, Advanced Analytics
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This position will be a key leader of the Universal Parks and Resorts (UPR) Marketing Analytics & Targeting team with ownership of the Audience Science team that powers performance marketing in an increasingly people-based (individualized), omni-channel marketing environment. The Director of Audience Science and Advanced Analytics will advance the team’s vision, capabilities, and delivery to drive UPR’s marketing and audience insights, and decision-making.
The Director will be responsible for:
• Developing analytics driven audience strategies and tactics, and guiding their implementation by providing the data, insights and advanced analytics capabilities necessary to optimize marketing initiatives across all UPR locations. This includes supporting the planning and prioritization of data capture and integration initiatives in collaboration with the marketing platforms and the IT team.
• Lead the Audience Science team in the utilization of this integrated data for segmentation, predictive modeling, and prescriptive analytics which guide who should be targeted, across which marketing channels, and how and when those channels can best be leveraged to drive business objectives.
• Educates marketing distribution channels on new capabilities and how they can be leveraged for omni-channel marketing.
• Lead cross-channel analytics, develop sophisticated controlled tests, and gather real-world learnings that are used to determine effectiveness and guide future marketing strategies and tactics
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related technical field; OR equivalent work experience required
• 15 years of experience in a performance marketing environment; should include experience in consumer/CRM analytics methods, measurement, test planning and rapid testing
• Strong knowledge of digital analytics, omni-channel lifecycle marketing orientation, and B2B2C experience
• Track record of automating and optimizing processes, in tight collaboration with marketing operations to drive advancement in quality control and efficiency
• History of working with CRM data and digital platforms to activate granular insights and treatment
• Strong hands-on experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, digital analytics, media analytics
• In depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, predictive modeling, statistical analysis, machine learning, and technologies
• History of leading multiple work streams simultaneously in fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
• Expertise with R, SAS, Python, Hadoop, DMPs, and digital platforms
• Advanced Education (Masters or PhD) in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Economics or a similar technical degree
• Prefer 5 plus years of experience on the agency side and 5 plus years on the client side
• Client-side experience that includes involvement development, future state planning, and transformational efforts
• Experience exploring AI or intelligent automation a plus
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.