Inclusion & Diversity Coordinator
- Full Time
The One Club for Creativity (TOCC), producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost nonprofit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design.
The Inclusion & Diversity Coordinator partners closely with the Director of Inclusion & Diversity and the Diversity Manager to assist in positioning, designing, and delivering the Inclusion & Diversity (One ID) programs which drive value to The One Club’s initiative, globally. This is an opportunity to join a newly created function and leverage your experience and expertise to drive a best-in-class I&D function.
The goal of the One ID department is to create and increase hiring opportunities for talent of diverse backgrounds within the advertising and design industries. The One ID programs are positioned to facilitate the recruitment of diverse candidates, to bridge the gap between them and the best companies that share our organization’s diversity goals.
One of the most important One ID programs is the Creative Boot Camp (CBC) series, multi-day workshops that take place all over the world and help diverse groups of college students get a taste of the world of advertising. We are looking to hire a Diversity Coordinator to support the production of all CBCs, including administrative work.
- Drive attendance to One ID events through researching educational institutes and points of contact within the Creative Boot Camp market sites.
- Monitor the effectiveness and results of the programs and plan adjustments through pre and post-event surveys, analyze event performance and prepares metrics for programmatic success.
- Write Facebook and social media blog posts regarding program success stories and develop content for social media
- Oversee post-CBC outreach including updating One ID website and processing Participant Look Book.
- Research Colleges, Universities and Community Colleges in new and recurring CBC sites and schedule initial outreach calls and emails to engage underprivileged student populations to attend CBC programming.
- Research Industry association groups and alumni groups of Colleges, Universities and Community Colleges in new CBC mid-level sites to engage the alumni and working professionals of 3-7 year experience to attend mid-level programming.
- Manage the curation and development of CBC Alumni Association with quarterly correspondence (First week of each month March, July, September, November)
- Stay abreast of industry topics and eagerly pitches and writes topics for the One ID Newsletter. (Last week of each month: Feb, April, June, August, October, December)
- Keep track of stock, order and coordinate shipping of all materials needed.
- Maintain and update a master College and Agency contacts database.
- Create graphics for CBC program collateral/promotional material.
- On occasion, rotates with Diversity Director and Diversity Manager in executing CBCs, workshops and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, or currently pursuing a BA degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion and/or a background in executing similar programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skills and capabilities to collaborate with all levels of leadership including executives
- Strong computer skills, including strong knowledge of Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Constant Contact
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the time and work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and influence and manage both within and across teams
- Excellent proactive team player with a can-do positive attitude.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.