Multimedia Producer, iDeas Lab
- Full Time
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of over 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The iDeas Lab, the award-winning creative and digital production department at CSIS, seeks a highly motivated and creative self-starter to join our dynamic and fast-paced environment as a Multimedia Producer starting Spring 2019.
The iDeas Lab enhances CSIS's policy research and analysis with the latest in cutting-edge web technologies, design, video, and audio. (You can see some of our latest at www.csis.org/programs/dracopoulos-ideas-lab). The multimedia producer will work closely with the department on creative projects that tell compelling public policy stories, partnering with some of the most respected foreign policy experts and researchers. This is an ideal opportunity for storytellers who are eager to bring complex policy issues to life across multiple platforms and who are innovation-driven.
Beyond having strong experience with video and audio production, the successful candidate will possess strong animation and motion graphic skills and a keen interest in improving and developing these skills further. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess sharp news acumen, excellent writing/editorial skills, communication and organization skills, strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and innovative environment while meeting tight deadlines, and be a team player while also having independent self-direction.
Applicants must be technically-savvy and highly competent with new and developing methods of visual storytelling and have experience with motion design, animation, data visualization, and traditional video production.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resumé, link(s) to a portfolio website and/or sample video/audio work. Finalists will be asked for references.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, produce, and develop video projects from start to finish, including scripting, filming, editing, compiling, developing visual assets, animations and all other aspects of production for motion design and narrative storytelling videos
- Lead, produce, and develop motion graphic or animation heavy video projects from start to finish
- Lead, produce, and develop audio projects from start to finish.
- Work closely with External Relations senior staff, research programs, and iDeas Lab staff to develop multimedia projects to suit stated goals and needs; communicating effectively with non-technical stakeholders is critical.
- Support and mentor students with multimedia projects as part of CSIS executive education efforts.
- Develop and generate new ideas and approaches to our digital and multimedia work.
- Post and curate video and audio content to CSIS website, other project sites when relevant, social media platforms, and other content-delivery networks (e.g. YouTube and a range of audio platforms).
- Other duties and projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A./B.S/A.B. in relevant field
- Minimum two years of relevant experience, including previous multimedia, video and audio production experience
- Knowledge and experience in applicable software and computer applications, including strong motion graphic skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Zest for challenging assignments, with an eye toward creative and innovative solutions
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; including effectively presenting information to non-technical partners, operating in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through skills
- Strong interest in global affairs and public policy
- Sound judgement, maturity, and discretion
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resumé, link to a portfolio website, and links to sample video work to https://csiscareers.silkroad.com. Finalists will be asked for references.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.