Strategic Planning Manager
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Person will lead the overall Pricing and Inventory strategies for the Miami Ad Sales portfolio of networks and digital assets, and assist in the same for the rest of the Latin American marketsHelp the Ad Sales teams maximize revenue by determining the best rate by market per client given 1) investment level, 2) current available inventory, 3) period investing, 4) client historyControl the tracking of sales and KPI’s for the Miami officeLead efforts in the development of new tools for analyzing our pricing, invenvtory, and revenue across all our platforms throught the use of data vizualization software and business intelligence, which will be key for our department and overall Ad Sales across Latin America (using a Tableau, Micro Strategy, SQL, etc.)Help in the centralization of all information with regards to pricing for Latin AmericaDevelop and update the models for determining pricing and pioriotization of clientsAssist the Miami sales team in key client and/or agency negotiationsWork in the sales planning and forecasting during Budget and LRP processesWork closely with the the Research team to identify pricing and sales strategiesCollaborate with the media planning teams to determine the optimal media mix solutions when building proposalsTeam up with the Creative Solutions and Ad Sales marketing teams to assign prices to generic and custom sale packages Continuously monitor inventory use and pricing per propertyEnsure there is no cannibalization of clients amongst offices Identify potential new clientsMonitor external macroeconomic and industry-specific data that could have an impact in our salesContribute data driven insights for developing successful sales strategies that are instrumental for reaching Ad Sales revenue goalsProactively promote market insights within the companyKeep up-to-date with industry changes, case studies and regulatory impacts through internal and external networks
• A college degree with a focus in MIS, Finance, Business, Economics, and/or Mathematics
• 5+ years of working experience in related field
• 2+ years of hands-on media experience, TV and/or Media agency
• Experience working with Latin America
• Managerial experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge of:
o MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
o Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau, Micro Strategy, etc.
• Advanced experience in developing data management tools
• SQL, R, Python knowledge is a plus
• Broadcast & Digital traffic system knowledge is a plus
• Media Research knowledge is a must
• Digital Media knowledge is a must
• Fully fluent in English and Spanish, Portuguese is a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of the television industry relevant to broadcast, cable and new media
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Leader attitude – Work proactively, able to motivate colleagues, willing to take-on new projects/responsibilities, willing to go the extra mile, be the example everyone wants to follow
• Possess excellent writing and math skills, and the ability to communicate project results in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent time-management skills - ability to handle conflict, priorities and deadlines
• Ability to work directly and manage relationships with key executives, clients, and colleagues
• Outstanding project-management skills - Independent thinker who can take on a project from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
• An active interest in participating in the international aspect of the television business
• Willing to work extra hours when necessary
NBCUniversal International Networks is one of the world’s premier entertainment portfolios, delivering quality content and compelling brands to over 176 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific. The channel brands in the portfolio include Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, 13th Street, DIVA, Studio Universal, Telemundo, The Style Network and Golf Channel. These unique brands deliver a full range of entertainment experiences to local audiences across the globe; the portfolio also includes Movies 24 in the UK. Further, NBCUniversal News Group, one of the most influential and respected portfolios of on-air and digital news properties in the world, operate CNBC and NBC News internationally.
NBCUniversal International Networks is a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.