Sr. Manager, Communications, USA & SYFY
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Senior Manager will work to generate maximum exposure for USA & SYFY original programming. The position reports to the Senior Director of Communications for USA & SYFY, based in NY. This position can be located in either New York or Los Angeles.
ResponsibilitiesDevelop and execute publicity campaigns for assigned series and specials Work regularly alongside programming and marketing to formulate big picture campaign strategies and goals Generate creative story ideas to break into new areas of the mediaCreate press materials (releases, media alerts, series descriptions, talking points, etc.)Coordinate talent interviews and participation in industry and press eventsPlan press events, including junkets, red carpets, set visits, press screenings etc.Develop and maintain strong press relationships across all digital, print and electronic outletsHelp maintain and create media listsBuild positive relationships with the talent, producers and representativesManage outside PR consultants on select projectsWork in conjunction with the awards team as it relates to assigned shows, talent support and submissionsTrack and maintain individual show budgets
• 3+ years at publicist level
• Strong written and verbal communications skills required
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work extra hours, and on nights and weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York or Los Angeles
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews
• Strong relationships with television and entertainment press
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• Creative and strategic thinker, especially when identifying press opportunities
• Strong external and team communication skills including talent, media and all levels of executives
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.