Are you looking for an exciting position in a fast-paced work environment? Are you interested in learning more about the book selling process and supporting a key national account?
We are currently seeking a Sales Assistant to join the Penguin Random House Barnes & Noble sales team. Specifically, the Assistant will provide sales and general administrative sales support to the Sales Director and National Account Managers who sell and promote titles across the wide range of Penguin Publishing Group imprints to Barnes & Noble.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
* Preparing Edelweiss collections, sales kits, and selling materials.
* Responding to in-house and account inquiries.
* Maintaining, tracking and analyzing sales data and running various sales reports.
* Creating seasonal PowerPoint presentations.
* Communicating with various internal departments to obtain sales materials.
* Coordinating and maintaining grids and files related to account orders, estimates, and merchandising plans.
* Performing general administrative duties for the department, including answering phones, mailing review copies, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Strong interest in sales and publishing
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
* Superb analytical and critical thinking skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
* Must be comfortable working with numbers
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.