Digital Marketing Associate
- Full Time
The Pensions & Investments brand of Crain Communications is seeking a Digital Marketing Associate. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual who wants to be involved in all aspects of our digital media businesses, from developing and managing native campaigns and client research projects to data-informed client communications. S/he will be a highly analytical multitasker who can communicate clearly and effectively across the organization and with clients and media customers.
As a member of the P&I Content Solutions team, the Digital Marketing Associate will use tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Cheetah Digital, Domo and Idio to track KPIs of sponsored content, native advertising programs and other custom projects and develop value-added communications to clients, agencies and other stakeholders. In addition, the Digital Marketing Associate will assist in the development, management and analysis of custom research projects.
Revenue Operations: 40%
- Work with clients to manage and execute campaigns for run-of-site and newsletter native advertising programs
- Collaborate with the ad sales and content solutions teams to improve and streamline campaign analytics reporting, advising clients/agencies with respect to opportunities to optimize both the user experience and marketing performance of their digital campaigns
- Identify mid-campaign add-on opportunities for our top digital clients, based on shifts in inventory
- Work with ad sales, audience development, conferences and marketing teams to develop increasingly streamlined lead-generation and nurture programs for both clients/agencies and in-house conference and subscription-revenue efforts
- Advise content solutions and conferences teams on best practices to leverage SEO, other “outside” marketing and social media to optimize and extend leads and campaign performance
- Work with content solutions team on managing the digital side of custom content projects
Analytics and Reporting: 35%
- Advance and refine both automated and ad hoc dashboards, reports and data visualizations, reformulating performance and trend analysis into business insights and actionable intelligence
- Continuously assess audience trends and ensure that editorial, product, marketing and sales KPIs are on point and consequential, and deliver ongoing recommendations for strategic and tactical advancements with respect to digital products and services
- Serve as the key in-house expert in data analytics, sharing best practices, methods, tools and technologies related to obtaining, interpreting and acting upon meaningful intelligence
Product Development: 25%
- Proactively identify insights and recommendations for optimizing retention, engagement and growth of audiences targeted within our next-generation digital products and services offerings
- Develop, design and execute A/B and multivariate tests across our digital offerings, measuring, weighing and recommending best paths forward in our digital advance
- Partner with marketing and digital leads in developing product positioning and launch plans
- Collaborate with Content Solutions team to develop new methods and formats for delivering sponsored content products to P&I readers
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, Business or related area
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience within a media company, agency or digital consulting firm
- Working knowledge of digital analytical and design tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Cheetah Digital, Domo, Idio, Adobe Photoshop, Open AdStream, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Pardot, DoubleClick, AppNexus
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify and articulate critical observations and insights from complex data sets
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships both internally and externally
- Experience managing a brand including an understanding of brand positioning, brand messaging/architecture and brand guidelines
- Strong project manager who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Ability to use Photoshop or InDesign to create mockups
- Knowledge of statistics
- Experience in the media business
- Knowledge of content management systems including Drupal
Every other Monday, Pensions & Investments delivers critical financial news to executives responsible for the investment of large institutional assets such as pension funds, endowments and foundations. It reaches top corporate executives and government leaders, pension fund managers, investment advisers, consultants, and financial institutions. It is the world’s leading newspaper for institutional investing.
Click HERE to visit us in our New York office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can’t get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.